Research and Publication Consultancy
Researcher and author of Asylum Seekers and Refugees (Second Edition, 2010) FAQs, Myths and the Facts. Consultancy work commissioned by the Bristol City Council and carried out by the University of the West of England Refugee and Migrant Support Hub.
- Appointed member of the Bristol Legacy Commission (BLC) in 2008 as a Community Commissioner with special responsibility for public and community engagement. The BLC was established to take forward the Abolition 200 work started in 2007 to bring change in the three priority areas of Cultural Representation, Education and Young People, Health and Well Being. Sits on a special bid assessment committee.
- Successful Projects Initiated and Managed:
- University of the West of England Refugee and Migrant Support Hub July 2009 –June 2011
- University of the West of England-Council For Assisting Refugee Academics Pathfinder Funded Research Project 2008
- African Voices Forum Education Project 2008-2009
- African Voices Forum /Bristol Legacy Commission UNESCO Slavery Remembrance Day Project in 2008 and 2009
- Press Freedom Forum Series Project 2006-2007
- Press Freedom House Project 2007-2008
- Press Freedom House Project 2008-2009